The law in Idaho states that the woman who gives birth to the baby shall be listed as the mother on their birth certificate. Therefore, our surrogate was listed even though I am Brenna and Nora's genetic mother. We knew this was going to be the case and that we would have to execute an adoption in order for me to be listed as their mother on their birth certificates. That day has finally arrived! We drove 1.5 hours to a nearby town and spent a whole 5 minutes in the courtroom (not to say that this was a easy process prior). The girls enjoyed our car ride and Ted and I are so relieved to be done with this major, final step. Hooray!





Oh, Meghan. This made me cry here in my hotel room : ). I can't describe to you how much you guys have enriched our lives by letting us follow you during this emotional and amazing journey. Look at those two ladies! They are true miracles. I'm so incredibly happy for you and Ted. I just asked an old man on the streets of Addis for directions and he ended by saying "Take good care. Live one day at the time." Do that - enjoy them to the fullest in the present. Well, and save some money for collage ; )
ReplyDeleteThis is so wonderful! I'm sure it was so nice to just move past this bit of paperwork.
ReplyDelete