In addition to tummy time we are trying to incorporate some sister time where Nora and Brenna lay close and sense each other. The first time we did this in their crib I actually cried. We have witnessed them hold hands (as well as kick and hit each other, unintentionally I'm sure). Its so amazing to see them recognize each other.
We had a photo shoot today at the house. A photographer came to take newborn shots of them. That was a bit stressful just because it was outside the normal routine. Tomorrow "Dear old dad" will go back to work and we will be sad to see him go. We will adjust to a new normal. At least I got another 4 hr nap today.



Awww. Sister time is the best! I'm not a twin but sister time is great even when you're 30+.
ReplyDeleteToo bad Ted doesn't get to stay home for a couple more weeks at least. Meghan, I hope your mom is staying for a while to help. Looks like you guys are doing a great job!
You know I love sister time and can't wait to get my fix in October! :) so excited to see the photos, Mom said it went really well too!
ReplyDelete4hr nap!! YAY for you love!!! I am sure you felt like a million bucks after that one ;) I am sure having Mama K there has been a godsend to you and Ted! I can't wait to see the photos!!! I know I am a day behind in responding to your post RE bath time-William absolutely hated his first real bath we gave him. I can agree with Elicia and your sis-one, I was very timid and anxious. I was so scared I was going to do something wrong, where Bill was much more calmer. I am sure that definitely attributed to Williams screams. I also put very little water in the sink (I was scared of him drowning-I know, I worry about the worst case scenario.), which resulted William being cold! I am sure from all of your reading, you know all of this, but bath time can replicate the girls being in womb-which they loved. Make sure water is warm, and that it is warm in the area you are bathing them (no fans on, etc). We actually have a heater/vent in our bathroom that we turned on for Williams bath which helped! Also, play some soothing music from your iphone via Pandora or itunes. I am sure you guys are doing all of the right things, just an adjustment period for Nora and Brenna. William absolutely LOVES bath time-we now incorporate it every night before reading and bedtime. It is so much fun, and I can't wait for Brenna and Nora to start enjoying it just as much. Remember your mantra love, one day at a time ;)
ReplyDeleteYou guys are doing GREAT!!!!
LOVE YOU!!!