Pages

Password

Saturday, August 9, 2014

The Return of the Loon!

At the end of June we went to the NH cottage before the rental season began.  Paige & Dakota came too and entertained the girls while Ted & I slept in the morning-what a treat!  Nora & Brenna loved running wild in the yard and the nearby Science Center.  They had their first paddle boat ride with Ted & I. Nora "shared" her first ice cream with Dad.  

During naptime I went for a long kayak around the perimeter of the lake.  It was such a treat and then I saw 20+ loons all crossing the middle of the lake together in a straight line.  It was thrilling. I took it as a sign that I should cross then too so I did and counted them many times over :). When I was a child I remember it was such a treat to see even one loon.  They were endangered.  Now they have returned and are brave enough to tow the middle line together.  I'm still delighted a month later.  









No comments:

Post a Comment