Pages

Password

Friday, May 17, 2013

Unconventional Mother's Day

Weeks ago we decided it would be fun to get tickets to a Red Sox game with our friends who live in Cambridge.  I go to baseball games to eat peanuts and people watch in the fresh air.  Plus I've heard how special Fenway is.  I didn't even realize the day we picked was Mother's Day.  Ha!  As the day got closer Ted got nervous about taking the girls.  He convinced me what I actually needed for Mother's Day was a break from mothering.  I knew he was right, but I felt awful mostly about the societal pressure to be with family on Mother's Day.  After my guilt subsided I had a wonderful day with my friends.  We took the subway, enjoyed the weather, walked the city streets.  I hadn't even seen the city before then!  Ted enjoyed his time with the girls and took them on a long walk through Cambridge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment