Pages

Password

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

New Holiday Tradition


I didn't finish the summer posts, but it's almost 2017 so I decided to just get on with it. 😉

This year (and last) we made food bags for the kids that come to the local food pantry. It's a great activity & this year I think the concept clicked a bit more with my 4 year olds. I overheard them in their pretend play talking about giving toys to kids that don't have many. For me it helped set a very grateful mood in early December which persisted through the busyness that followed/is following. Trish was a huge help with the shopping & prep. It would have been very challenging without her. Plus I couldn't ask for a better local tribe-such authentic, inspiring & funny mommas. We packed 50 bags -5 per kid. I also loved all the simple math that was involved with planning. Those of you who know me well are not at all surprised.



No comments:

Post a Comment